If a user is not able to view the Record Summary for an item in the Active Site (receiving something similar to an “Access is denied” or “Not found” error), it may have to do with permissions or browser settings. Here are a few things to check for:
- Add the user to the Record Visitor group in RecordPoint – Management > Security Settings > Record Visitors, then click Update Permissions on the Security Settings page once the user has been added. This is to eliminate any possible permission issues during the cross-site call.
- Internet Explorer settings (Tools > Internet Options):
- Add the RecordPoint Site and Active Site as trusted sites – Security tab > Trusted sites > Sites
- Enable “Access data sources across domains” – Security tab > Custom level > under Miscellaneous section
- Select “Automatic logon with current user name and password” – Security tab > Custom level > under User Authentication section